Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Developer: Marvelous Interactive Software
System: Nintendo Wii
Genre: Role-Playing (RPG), Simulation
Perspective: 3rd-Person Perspective
ESRB Rating: [E] for Everyone (ages 6+)
-Purchase game: from Amazon
June 07, 2007 (Japan)
September 16, 2008 (United States)
-Purchase strategy guide: from Amazon
Other Information: The first Harvest Moon game exclusively for the Wii, this game has yet to come out! It definitely looks new, fresh, and very deep, but still very traditionally Harvest Moon---certainly worth trying when it comes out.
The game is set in Waffle Town where the mystical Mother Tree of your island has withered away, causing the Goddess to leave, and your island, which was once brimming with life and energy, to lose its spirit. Waffle Town has lost its connection with nature and the townspeople don't know what to do.
The Harvest Sprites have asked you for help in restoring the tree to help the Goddess! When the tree comes back, she will also and will help bring the island back to life. Now, as you grow crops, raise animals, cultivate friendships, and make a family, it�s up to you to bring back the island�s tree and revive the island.
- Play as a boy or a girl
- Change your clothes
- Work part-time jobs
- Redecorate your house almost entirely to suit your tastes!
- Use your Wii remote to till your soil and water your crops.
- Animals seen include your typical HM animals (i.e., dog, horse, sheep, cow, chickens, ducks), along with ostriches and the wild animals: bears, pandas, weasels, monkeys, boars, penguins, goats, rabbits, raccoons, turtles, puppies, and a black cat.
- Cast your fishing rod by swinging your Wii remote up and down and pressing A when the fish bites.
- Multi-player minigames (up to 4 players), including horse race, insect catching, frog jumping, and stone skipping games.