Moon Drop Valley
Now though there isn't a limit to how many characters you can have or how many NPCs each of them can have we would recommend trying to keep it to one or two main characters and 3 NPCs a piece, because anymore would be hard to keep track of. Your character is to be normal-ish unless of course you want your character to have a lot of faults. So we don't want you to have an extraordinarily beautiful character unless they have the intelligence of a piece of wood, a rock or another of one of your favorite inanimate objects. Everyone is to be balanced.
We will not be accepting people who are part animal/demon. In fact we will not even continue to read your profile until you have resubmitted a normal human being. Your character's hair is to be a natural hair color unless they have dyed it blue or bright pink or in Xief's case a rainbow of vomit and poop. As your character cannot use magic and the like they cannot teleport and so they can only be in one place at one time. Don't have them in two places at once.
Just allow us to reinforce this. There is no under any circumstances magic in this RPG. If you would like an act of "Divine Intervention" run it by one of us staffers and we will decide whether or not it is going to happen.
You are not to graphically type out your character having sexual intercourse. If you must be so blatant to point out to everyone that your character is "getting lucky" then I suggest a simple scene similar to the following:
John looked at Carol for a moment hesitant to make to quickly a movement. She sat down on the bed and motioned for him to sit beside him and he slowly walked over to her and sat beside her. For a moment they sat there and they simply enjoy each other's presence before embracing each other in a passionate kiss.
As dawn quickly approached John left the room disheveled, his hair a mess and his clothes wrinkled. Blah blah blah
Tracy Hickman (Heheh. Hick) said "There's nothing like a good boot scene. It leaves the mystery and beauty of sex intact while indicating exactly what happened."
If you would like to start your own business you should get in contact with Dani. As we are interested in promoting growth and prosperity you will be limited to owning one business, though if you wish to work for someone else to gain more money you are more than welcome to. If you are interested in owning a farm get in contact with the Staff as they may be able to tell you if there is deals (There are never enough of something and promos will help us and you :])
Due to newer members joining the RPG and creating a business only to become inactive, only members who are a) active in the main forum itself and/or b) significantly active in the RPG will be considered for owning/opening a new business. However, everyone may feel free to apply to places to work part time.
If you are interested in owning a business you should fill out the form below.
- Business Name:
- Type of Store:
- List of Basic Services or Products you provide.
- Physical Description of Business.
- Store Hours.
- Whatever else you may wish to include.
An example can be found here
If a business you were looking forward to owning is already taken simply have your character ask if they can have a job there. We won't guarantee that you'll get it (Especially if other people are working there) but it's better than nothing right? If you have a idea about a new shop (I.e. anything not from our list) feel free top suggest it to us. Again no guarantees but if you present it in the right way you'll more than likely be approved.
Heart Rate System
Much like the series it takes after, Moon Drop Valley has a relationship system that is available for everyone to see. We will allow you to choose how fast your relationships with people will progress but we won't be having you meet, each other get married and have babies same day. Try to use common sense when you are moving people on it. You also may want to take into consideration their personality.
- Your character doesn't like this character. One could call this level loathing.
- Your character is indifferent to this person. They have just met, and probably have not spoken much.
- This is the default heart rate. Your character has met this person, maybe said a few sentences, and will probably recognize them again the next time they meet.
- You have had a few conversations, or maybe a single heart-to-heart, and your character now has a new friend!
- This person has become very close to your character, and is probably around them quite a bit. You may not call this "best friends" yet, but you can bet it's close. Your character may develop some... more romantic feelings at this point, if there weren't an obvious attraction already.
- The person who made it to a yellow heart rate is obviously very close and very important to your character. Romantic feelings may (or may not) have become apparent yet, and things might start moving a little faster.
- Your character has already realized his/her romantic feelings for the person, and these feelings are probably requited and fulfilling. Family and the closest of friends should also fall under this category.
- Your character has found love. This is the short, step-before-marriage area for those lucky characters who reach this far inside of your character's heart.
- Your character has found that there is no doubt about it, they are in love, and probably married or soon to be married, to the love of their life. Their spouse should fall into this category, though some people opt to never become married, and as such, "life partners" would also fall into this category.