GAMES »     RFO    LHM    ToTT    HOLV    GrB     AP     SI     RFF    RF3    RF2    RF    TOT    DSC    DS    AWL    MORE »

Old 08-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #101
Stingray
Lime

I hate when I have the light above my cash register turned on, but I have no customers, so people look into the line and say "Are you open?" No, I'm not, I just have the light on. I also leave the TV on when I leave the house, asshole.

Better yet is when the opposite thing happens, and people come into the line while my light is off. Yes, there are other people in line, but they were there before I turned the light out. Now go away, I want to go home, too.

EVEN BETTER! I'm not even signed onto a register, yet people come into the line. Sometimes, I empty the garbage cans, and some of them are UNDER the registers, which means I have to go into vacant checkout lines to collect the trash, and people walk into the line. NO! THERE IS NO LIGHT.

The same type of thing happens when the managers count the money in the registers near the end of the night. Obviously, they have to stand at the register to open it, and every day, without fail, they will get a prospective customer. Is it that hard to look at the light?
No one liked this post.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #102
MicroRave
Twilight Alicorn Pretear

So if someone from the bingo hall I volunteer at (they have this thing where charities come in and sell the cards, and Mom's with the MS Society) comes round offering free coffee tickets or something, you'd be surprised how many people turn them down.

What's worse is raffle tickets. I've gotten into the habit of showing them first so they know what's being offered. Then they'll say yes or no thanks because the tickets are sometimes given out for a draw on Thursday, but it's Tuesday. If they're not going to be there there's no point.

If I leave the tickets on the tables (I don't really want to interrupt their game) some people won't notice until I've walked about 1-20 feet away. Then they yell at me to come and get the ticket because they don't want it. Most of the time it's somebody sitting right by the damn garbage (there's one on the end of every table).

The others are nice enough to say thank you or no thank you, even if they're busy trying to catch up. Of course then you get the ones who were in the bathroom or out having a smoke (I'm told to look for a verifier, and that's somebody's seat but still people come after I'm finished to complain that "The girl walked right past me" or "I was in the bathroom/having a smoke" etc.).

Sind Sie beleidigt durch meine fan Kunst!?

Hey! What's Goin' On!?!
Spoiler: show

No one liked this post.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #103
Taills
Can dance if we want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile View Post
Oh, and speaking of. People, if you need to tickle your pickle, please do it in the privacy of your own home, with merchandise you actually OWN. Not in a book store bathroom using magazines you may or may not have purchased (most likely not, since you'd leave it in the bathroom when you were done). Cleaning out the men's bathroom after close was the one job I refused to do. Ew.
That's nothing. Our florist was doing that while on the job, behind his register. Also the Video Store I work at now had to install a camera in the adult room because apparently it happened a few times. Also some guy left naked pictures of himself behind movie cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
I hate when I have the light above my cash register turned on, but I have no customers, so people look into the line and say "Are you open?" No, I'm not, I just have the light on. I also leave the TV on when I leave the house, asshole.

Better yet is when the opposite thing happens, and people come into the line while my light is off. Yes, there are other people in line, but they were there before I turned the light out. Now go away, I want to go home, too.

EVEN BETTER! I'm not even signed onto a register, yet people come into the line. Sometimes, I empty the garbage cans, and some of them are UNDER the registers, which means I have to go into vacant checkout lines to collect the trash, and people walk into the line. NO! THERE IS NO LIGHT.

The same type of thing happens when the managers count the money in the registers near the end of the night. Obviously, they have to stand at the register to open it, and every day, without fail, they will get a prospective customer. Is it that hard to look at the light?
It is both funny and very sad to see someone pile their cart of groceries onto a register no one is at nor has been at the register for the entire day. No indication that it's in use... light is off, register is broken, belt doesn't work, and standing advertisements around it and on top of it.

Last edited by Taills; 08-05-2011 at 11:51 PM..
No one liked this post.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #104
Ponyprincess
Tarantula Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post

That happens to me too. Although we don't have lights to show that the tills in use,we have a light and buzzer for when the till breaks, someone asks us to do something we are not trained to do, or when the cutsomer is lazy and can't walk over to the pic n mix scanner and print off a ticket
Old 08-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #105
Stingray
Lime

So my fellow supermarket employees, are you guys as sick and masochistic as we are at my store? We get off on telling customers "no" or refusing service because our light is off. It makes us feel better.

BUT we also do something else that is rather bad. A lot of times, people think there is a door behind our last register, but it's an emergency exit only. The only true exit is between register 1 and the customer service desk. When we see someone push their cart toward the emergency exit, we say nothing. We just watch them because we enjoy seeing them waste their time and have that look of failure on their faces. We're terrible people here at Stop and Shop.
No one liked this post.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #106
Faile
Horse

Stingray, doesn't it have an alarm that goes off? Because that would make it even better. :D

*says the person that would probably walk through the door every single time*
No one liked this post.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #107
Stingray
Lime

I would imagine that it does, but no one ever really tries to use it. They just get there, realize their mistake, and turn around.
No one liked this post.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #108
Tithis
It's all good

Bosses who say ridiculous things. Yesterday when I was going to work I found that my car battery was completely dead and I needed a jump. I ended up being 4 minutes late to work because of it and Nancy was giving me about it :/ When I told her what happened she continued about how Rob(store manager) said there is no valid reason to be late.

First of all I'm betting she made that up, I've never heard Rob say anything like that and they generally seem to act like he is meaner than he is.

Second. I'd like to see him/her/whoever say that when their tires get slashed.

Last edited by Tithis; 08-10-2011 at 10:08 AM..
No one liked this post.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #109
jt_
Mushroom

I hate it when im dealing blackjack and im closing up a table and all the cards are on the table and im putting the chips away.. and patrons ask if the table is still open... *RAGE* are you blind? Also hate it when people are so rude and swear at you and insult you while you're doing your job.. its not my fault they're gambling all their money away!! ARGhhhhhh
No one liked this post.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #110
EternalJerry
S-Cow's Owner

I hate it when the cashiers in the local market don't doesn't bag my stuff even though they are suppost to.

Last edited by EternalJerry; 08-11-2011 at 02:19 AM..
No one liked this post.