GAMES »     RFO    LHM    ToTT    HOLV    GrB     AP     SI     RFF    RF3    RF2    RF    TOT    DSC    DS    AWL    MORE »

Old 09-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Akai Renge
Banned

Default Halo Reach Gaiz

Yea, Halo Reach is finally out. I've been waiting for this game to come out. I'm actually really excited about this one. I was really disappointed in the other Halo titles, but this one looks like it'll be a good one. I hope it can live up to my expectations.
No one liked this post.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Tolby
S-Cow's Owner

Wait, you feel the need to insult KH and .hack when you are excited about a game like Halo? WHAT?!

Set by Yuri!
No one liked this post.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Taills
Can dance if we want to.

Halo: Reach is exactly what I said Halo should have STARTED as. Sadly, it's too late for me, took too long for them to get it right.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Tolby
S-Cow's Owner

You should play Shadowrun. 2007 game that is like Halo Reach, but without the Halo, actual aiming, and tons of more special abilities.

Set by Yuri!
No one liked this post.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Taills
Can dance if we want to.

I've had my eye on it for awhile now, but then I keep getting confused with another Xbox live arcade game named Shadowcomplex.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Tolby
S-Cow's Owner

Supposedly its on games on demand, which I didn't even know until about 5 minutes ago. I had been waiting for that for a long time. My original game broke when my harddrive blew up, and my recent damaged (3 dollar used) game broke. If this is true I'm definitely buying it on demand.

It doesn't have the biggest community, but its a pretty tight one and always games up. You can glide, teleport, gust things away, go super fast (and the cost of health), summon a monster, cast ice that gets people stuck if they are caught in it. Plus all the weapons take aim for the most part.

SMG is waaay overpowered, and there is a rocket launcher. But even the rocket launcher send a red beacon out first giving the target a chance to use magic or tech to save themselves.

Only bad thing is since the company went under shortly after release there were no real updates (a few balanced and glitch fixes got in). So no new guns, races, maps or game modes. 4 races like 10 maps and 3 game modes (Single capture the flag, deathmatch, double capture the flag. Doubel capture being one flag, but both teams go for it, where single is one team defends and other tries to score)

Set by Yuri!

Last edited by Tolby; 09-14-2010 at 03:41 PM..
No one liked this post.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
Crazy
Sensible

I'm mostly just looking forward to the new custom games and maps that Forge World will bring about.
No one liked this post.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
Akai Renge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolby View Post
You should play Shadowrun. 2007 game that is like Halo Reach, but without the Halo, actual aiming, and tons of more special abilities.
Shadowrun wasn't that great. Neat concept, though.

And in response to your comment about me being excited about Halo Reach, I played the beta and for what it was worth, it was pretty damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolby
Supposedly its on games on demand, which I didn't even know until about 5 minutes ago. I had been waiting for that for a long time. My original game broke when my harddrive blew up, and my recent damaged (3 dollar used) game broke. If this is true I'm definitely buying it on demand.

It doesn't have the biggest community, but its a pretty tight one and always games up. You can glide, teleport, gust things away, go super fast (and the cost of health), summon a monster, cast ice that gets people stuck if they are caught in it. Plus all the weapons take aim for the most part.

SMG is waaay overpowered, and there is a rocket launcher. But even the rocket launcher send a red beacon out first giving the target a chance to use magic or tech to save themselves.

Only bad thing is since the company went under shortly after release there were no real updates (a few balanced and glitch fixes got in). So no new guns, races, maps or game modes. 4 races like 10 maps and 3 game modes (Single capture the flag, deathmatch, double capture the flag. Doubel capture being one flag, but both teams go for it, where single is one team defends and other tries to score)
Please refrain from posting off-topic responses.

Last edited by Akai Renge; 09-14-2010 at 05:17 PM..
No one liked this post.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
Bdrummer15
Farmer

Im soo happy.. We got the Legandary pack. it comes with flaming head gear.. ahhhh!!!
No one liked this post.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
Akai Renge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolby View Post
I played the beta too, and it felts like a ty shadowrun spinoff of an already ty game. Actually harshness and hate aside, I liked it better than old ones, and might buy it if enough of my friends do. But on its own (meaning if it wasn't popular and everyone I know wasn't buying it) I wouldn't even give it a second thought of buying.

And Shadowrun is a million times better than Halo could ever dream of being. Though businesswise, they blow it out of the water.
No. Shadowrun is not better than Halo. You may go on and wish and hope all you like. but Halo is much better than Shadowrun. And no, Halo Reach is nothing like Shadowrun. If you WERE to say it's a crappier version of MW2 though, you would've been on the right track.
Shadowrun was strictly a multiplayer only game. You could only have any real fun if all your friends had it. Now please. Stop trying to force Shadowrun down our throats in a thread specifically for Halo Reach.
No one liked this post.