GAMES »     RFO    LHM    ToTT    HOLV    GrB     AP     SI     RFF    RF3    RF2    RF    TOT    DSC    DS    AWL    MORE »

Old 07-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
Akai Renge
Banned

Default Crackdown 2

This is a fun and entertaining game~ Discuss. I liked the first crackdown, and the second installment was a HUGE improvement. <3

It's kinda like GTA, but you play a genetically engineered, peacekeeper clone. A supersoldier essentially, and you gotta eliminate Cell, a terrorist organization, and Freaks, which, are essentially zombies, whom only come out at night, with extreme prejudice. You have a bunch of stats that you can increase and upgrade based on how you kill, your targets. for example, profitciency with guns increases as you shoot and kill more, strength increases with hand to hand combat, driving skills increase from stunts, renegade driving orbs, Car races, and tanking cell and freaks in cars. Agility is harder to upgrade, which affects your running speed and jump height, etc. because you need to collect Agility orbs and renegade agility orbs to increase it, as well as footraces. In my opinion, this game is highly underrated. What do you guys think? :3
No one liked this post.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
IowaJack
Farmer

I liked the first game and have been interested in the second. It'll probably be the first game I get when I purchase a new Xbox 360.

The only thing that bugged me is that the game mechanics are extremely fun to do, but I get bored of the dull repetitive mission structure. Hope they fixed it for the second game!
No one liked this post.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Taills
Can dance if we want to.

I think the game is exactly like the first Crackdown, with not many improvements. Still target cars for some reason as the game deems the major threat vehicles rather than the group of people with shotguns right by you, and lack of switching targets during an aiming lockon is an utter pain. Controls are fairly rigid, and the abilities are lackluster compared to other games of this type of genre (prototype, infamous). It seriously feels like a launch game.

You REALLY should play Prototype if you think this is good.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
IowaJack
Farmer

Prototype and Infamous just don't feel as satisfying, moving from place to place, to me though. Moving from point A to point B in all of these games just seems like a complete chore.

Last edited by IowaJack; 07-16-2010 at 11:12 PM..
No one liked this post.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
Akai Renge
Banned

Crackdown is actually really fun to just dick around in. Like me and my friend found this one place where all we do is shoot out the tires of cars speeding by and watch them flip and fly off the highway and stuff. It's hilarious.
No one liked this post.