GAMES »     RFO    LHM    ToTT    HOLV    GrB     AP     SI     RFF    RF3    RF2    RF    TOT    DSC    DS    AWL    MORE »

Old 07-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #21
Horace_Highwater
ApplelOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooO OOooOOoosa4Life

HM64 felt more alive than most of the other games. People had distinct personalities and you could see them change and you had festivals to break up the monotony of daily farming. You had the add-ons, the picture album, you could hang out with other guys and help them hook up with the girls.
No one liked this post.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #22
river_rat_riley
Carrot

HM64 was by far the most immersive. Like people have said before, there were way more storylines and activities. I loved that if you became friends with the mayor, you find out he is being shaken down by mobsters.
I also like the random events that depend on what you do (such as, grow a lot of flowers and you find a couple making out in your yard the next day...or someone comes to take a picture of it.) BRING BACK THESE RANDOM EVENTS!
but I still love every HM I have played!

(PS....I got to like year 4 and Rick told me he would build a sprinkler system for my yard, and a transporter pad. I loved him!)
Old 07-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #23
SkatBoardFarmer
Duck

My favorite part was probably going through the whole process of dating and marriage for the first time, way back when the game came out and I was like 9.

Sometimes it takes a lavish song-and-dance number to make a man realize he was wrong.
No one liked this post.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #24
EternalJerry
S-Cow's Owner

I miss how the valley layout was and the mountains. If they remake it hopefully the can add new content like child to age into teen, or like a the mainland in hm gbc3.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #25
Lakitutankhamun
Rancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barley Yodel View Post
Originaly said by Tomo: I've come to notice something that has slowly gone away in HM games. In the original SNES harvest moon, your wife would give you dinner every day, and wait next to the bed waiting for you to come to bed so they can sleep together. And they would have all sorts of unique animations on your farm, such as knitting, or building some kind of machine. But in recent hms that I've seen your wife just lives in a new house now and does all the same things as before and doesn't care if you come home at 12. In ToT Renee (who I married) went to her parents house one day and I decided to try and go in too, and they wouldn't allow me in cause they were closed that day.

I dunno, this might just be me but I think something's really vanished ): What do you guys think?
I dunno what thread this is originally from, but... no. I mean, it'd be nice to see your spouse (not just wife, geez, you can play as a girl and have a husband now) doing more things around the home, but I don't mind at all marrying in newer HM games and your spouse still goes about their work and family life, and I'm glad they're not always stuck at home waiting around to feed and sleep with you. The old way seemed a tad sexist.
No one liked this post.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #26
Koti
Turnip

I can't remember how far I got in HM64, but I do know that I got played Back to Nature a lot more. Same cast, different world. I think my HM64 had a freezing problem, or there was some bug of some kind where you got stuck in Karen's basement?

I don't remember exactly but I remember something happened and I got so mad and just never played it again
No one liked this post.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #27
Crystal
Farmer

HM64 was a so fun game to play with... I really miss the old days :) though I still play this game, haha!
Old 10-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #28
jianadaren1
Seedling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koti View Post
I think my HM64 had a freezing problem, or there was some bug of some kind where you got stuck in Karen's basement?
lol that's just Karen's dream event. You have to find the secret passage out. If you fail, her dad lets you out after a couple minutes.
No one liked this post.