GAMES »     RFO    LHM    ToTT    HOLV    GrB     AP     SI     RFF    RF3    RF2    RF    TOT    DSC    DS    AWL    MORE »

Old 05-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
ThatOneMusicalGirl
Chicken

Default Any Recommendations?

Hey there! I'm in a bit of an anime slump. I've tried watching some of the newer anime, but it couldn't really hold my attention for too long. I tried Attack on Titan (only lasted two episodes, a little gory for me), Fate/Stay Night (lasted a lot longer but moved to slowly), and a few on Netflix that I really couldn't get into.

I know I still like anime because I end up going back to the ones I've already watched and I still love them. Maybe nobody is making anything I like anymore, so I just have to sift through the older ones. :)

Anywho, I really like thinks like Fruit's Basket, Lucky Star, Ouran High School Host Club, Lovely Complex and more. But, just in case you think I'm a wimp for not liking Attack on Titan, I really enjoyed Blood+ and Death Note. A lot. I also enjoyed FMA & FMA Brotherhood. So, does anybody have any recommendations for me? I want to get out of this slump.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #2
God is a cat girl
Yuri.not.yuri.777@fan.com

Basically, shoujo, comedy slice of life and pretty boys.
And yes, most of the newer things aren't that great, too simple minded and often based on throwing bullshit at you (lel fate series). Some genres are almost extinct too.

Still, Fate being slow makes an issue, since shoujo tend to not be any fast and often stall, I guess that the problem is being plot based and stalling on bullshit and non plot relevant stuff? Because there's slow series that are still pretty good (Aria is slow, and God).

Shoujo has been very limited and not that interesting, Comedy however is quite a safe place, unless if it has the ecchi tag, if it does, usually it's not very good, if decent at all (unless it's older series that have been going for a while). Some comedy get silly remarks from people like, "it's pointless", that's the whole point! (But then again, anime forums are cancer, people doing reviews with scores without watching the whole thing should be banned on sight. Still, even if the review is good, scores can mean very little in specific cases, because some have a weak plot without being a bad thing, and the score doesn't differentiate the 2.)

Most recently, Kuma Miko, it's good, and on going. Older that are decent~good, Dagashi Kashi, Kamisama Hajimemashita, "Hello! kiniro mosaic", "Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?", Yuru Yuri, Barakamon, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Hitsugi no Chaika, "HIMOUTO! UMARU-CHAN", Non Non Biyori, Tamako Market (because Tamako is the best Kyoani in recent times, what the hell are they doing this days), A Channel (the manga is surprisingly good), and not going any older than that.

Excluded some just because they are hit or miss series, either because of their themes or how received (and misunderstood) they are by the masses. For example, Sora no Method, good but not groundbreaking, this is, very tame and offers exactly what you see, and greatly misunderstood, not a super serious plot but does have an underlying plot, if not a hit, the OST is definitely something to listen to, because it's really good.

Chuunibyou demo KOI ga shitai!, hit or miss, but still decent anyway, second season is much better because of a new character, yes, she's that good.
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, wife tier character of the year(s), comedy with a "plot", it's decent.
Chihayafuru, really good "sports" anime (it's a card game), it's nothing like the sports genre at all. Art is great, characters are great, no bullshit like other "sports/card/game" anime, hit or miss because of the story itself.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #3
hArVeStMoOnLuVeR
vani!

Ao Haru Ride!
And in the same art style as that is, the movie Hal.