GAMES »     RFO    LHM    ToTT    HOLV    GrB     AP     SI     RFF    RF3    RF2    RF    TOT    DSC    DS    AWL    MORE »

Old 01-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #1
Robinstar
Farmer

Default Help me experiment? Or find info I've failed to find?

So when reading about how to get some of the endings in StH, I came across something... odd. So, for the Cake Contest ending, you have to get the Moondrop Dew. This is a romantic event. I tend to get to that point in Katie's storyline while having the girl involved in the ending I'm REALLY going for be the one I do the Moondrop Dew event with. Loved that with Lyla. But back to the point. This is a direct quote from Fogu's guide:

"Whichever girl (or guy if you are only friends with Katie) you have your best relations with will show up. There will be some small talk between the two of you and then a glowing urn will appear. The moon will collect the moon's light and the love between you and the girl (or guy) you like most."

Okay, what now? There's a gay option in a Harvest Moon game that no one talks about?? Hm. So, I experimented. I already happened to be going for the A Fishy Story ending, so I become really close to Joe. During this time, my character got sick. And who was it that came to take care of me? Not a girl, but Joe. Joe even pointed that out himself, which was amusing. But that was before befriending Katie. I befriended her and got the the point where I could to the Moondrop Dew event. A few days before the full moon, I got worried. I wondered if I befriended Katie too much even though Fogu made it sound okay to befriend her. I showed her weeds a couple times in case that lowers friendship. And I tried to get sick again to see which would visit me, but I managed to fail at that. So the day came and who showed up? Not Joe. Katie.

So, did I screw up somehow or is Fogu just wrong? This game is so old already, so you'd think that kind of mistake would've been fixed by now, but it's also not a very popular game, so maybe no one cares enough to fix it. I might make a post like this on Fogu, but everyone on there might just go by the guide, and the guide is the problem here.

I'd really like if other people would test it out. And if it is possible to do this with a guy, photo or video proof would be nice.
No one liked this post.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
Kristaok
Horse

Gosh, most people hated StH yet it's one of my faves, in fact it was the first HM game I played.

I always went for Katie, as for being gay in sth I doubt it tbh. Fogu is full of it for sure.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #3
Robinstar
Farmer

Really, if this is wrong (and so far seems to be), then this is the absolute biggest mistake I've found on Fogu yet. That's a big one. How does one even just write that? You know? Not entirely sure if I'm making sense. I'm just so baffled about how that's even in the guide. And how no one else mentions it... I kinda wish it is true. I love stumbling upon weird crap hidden in games like that. Could've been a great source of entertainment. XD Kinda feel bad for Joe. A girl just swept me away from him.

Save the Homeland needs more love. A lot of the hate comes from people who can't handle the fact that it doesn't have marriage. How can they not be satisfied as least partially by getting to try out each girl through their ending though? The wooing is still there. And I still don't even need that. A couple of the older games didn't even have that much. And some people don't like the art, somehow. I love it. The only thing that really does bug me is the controls. Every time I come back after not playing for awhile, I eat or throw a couple of eggs.
No one liked this post.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:47 PM   #4
Kristaok
Horse

I absolutely love StH, and you're right people hate it for its lack of marriage yet that really never bothered or deterred me from playing.

As for Fogu, you know what I think about that site and Cherubae... Both are equally trashy, more than likely full of sock puppet accounts considering her goons act just like her.