GAMES »     RFO    LHM    ToTT    HOLV    GrB     AP     SI     RFF    RF3    RF2    RF    TOT    DSC    DS    AWL    MORE »

Go Back   Harvest Moon Otaku Forums > General Discussion > General Chatter

Old 02-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #41
RoRo
Princess

I actually have never changed my mind I want to be a teacher and a mom

Thanks Shadownami for the great character art!
Sarahbeth Hayden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon Lionheart
And that's why I like RoRo better than the rest of you.
No one liked this post.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:10 PM   #42
Adelaide
Hat Enthusiast

On wellfare ;D
I heard of it and thought it just meant that you could make as much money as anyone else but not do anything so I wanted to do that xD
Old 02-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #43
Snowmany
Mushroom

Power ranger
No one liked this post.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:16 AM   #44
elli_the_baker
Veryberry pie

First a Jockey (Yet never rode a horse)....artist, psychiatrist, and for the longest time, a baker (GEE I WONDER WHAT PROVOKED THAT :D) then baker transitioned into a pastry chef until only recently when I realized that food science even existed.

Blacker than a moonless night and more hotter and more bitter than hell itself
No one liked this post.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #45
Yuri
i miss hmo

I wanted to be an actor. I remember playing different type of characters and creating stories for my "play" when I use to play around with my friends.

*Thinks back*

I was a very wierd kid. Still am. :)
No one liked this post.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #46
simplymusical
Cheese

What's food Science? Actors are cool.

Thanks Solash. You're so fantastic. ^.^

April's Profile <3
No one liked this post.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #47
Lupia
Duck

Acting is an up and down career. If you are lucky enough to get a part, as in, go UP, you can lose it like that, before you even started playing it. A lot of them have to take up part time jobs :/ It takes a lot of perseverence and work's hard to find. Up until very recently I thought I wanted to act, but I was fooled into thinking you have steady jobs and work normal hours and stuff, but I was wrong. D: I still enjoy acting however :)
No one liked this post.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #48
danigurl
Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplymusical View Post
What's food Science?
Its make believe. It doesn't exist. Though those who believe it does will tell you they develop new food products, come up with processes to make this food...and a lot of other stuff that deals with food...and science.

Thanks Jazzie <3
Faith Broaden -------------------- Kimberly Britt
Your heart won't heal right if you keep tearing out the sutures
No one liked this post.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #49
elli_the_baker
Veryberry pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigurl View Post
Its make believe. It doesn't exist. Though those who believe it does will tell you they develop new food products, come up with processes to make this food...and a lot of other stuff that deals with food...and science.
Hawaii doesn't exist either :D It's make believe. When people fly to Hawaii, they actually fly to the Philippines with some cardboard backdrops.

*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
Food science
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Cite This Source

Food science is a discipline concerned with all technical aspects of food, beginning with harvesting or slaughtering, and ending with its cooking and consumption. It is considered one of the agricultural sciences, and is usually considered distinct from the field of nutrition.
Examples of the activities of food scientists include the development of new food products, design of processes to produce these foods, choice of packaging materials, shelf-life studies, sensory evaluation of the product with trained expert panels or potential consumers, as well as microbiological and chemical testing. Food scientists at universities may study more fundamental phenomena that are directly linked to the production of particular food product and its properties. In the U.S., food science is typically studied at land-grant universities.

Food science is a highly interdisciplinary applied science. It incorporates concepts from many different fields including microbiology, chemical engineering, biochemistry, and many others.

Some of the subdisciplines of food science include:

Food safety - the causes, prevention and communication dealing with foodborne illness
Food microbiology - the positive and negative interactions between micro-organisms and foods
Food preservation - the causes and prevention of quality degradation
Food engineering - the industrial processes used to manufacture food
Product development - the invention of new food products
Sensory analysis - the study of how food is perceived by the consumer's senses
Food chemistry - the molecular composition of food and the involvement of these molecules in chemical reactions
Food packaging - the study of how food is packaged to preserve the food after it has been processed.
Molecular gastronomy - the scientific investigation of processes in cooking, social & artistic gastronomical phenomena
Food technology - the technological aspects
Food physics - the physical aspects of foods (such as viscosity, creaminess, texture...)
The main organization in the United States regarding food science and food technology is the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), headquarted in Chicago, Illinois, which is the US member organisation of the International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST). The European national organisations are organised into the European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST).

Some popular books on some aspects of food science or kitchen science have been written by Harold McGee and Howard Hillman.

In the October 2006 issue of Food Technology, IFT President Dennis R. Heldman noted that the IFT Committee on Higher Education stated that the current definition the "Food Science is the discipline in which the engineering, biological, and physical sciences are used to study the nature of foods, the causes of deterioration, the principles underlying food processing, and the improvement of foods for the consuming public.

Blacker than a moonless night and more hotter and more bitter than hell itself
No one liked this post.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #50
Boy_Tomo_Chan
Short Hair Ranger

mine as well say that I want to be a preschool teacher, and I don't think I'm going to be able to be a conductor so I can drive thomas :( I don't want to bring him this sad news though. Gonna wait a while to tell him.