GAMES »     RFO    LHM    ToTT    HOLV    GrB     AP     SI     RFF    RF3    RF2    RF    TOT    DSC    DS    AWL    MORE »

Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Mike Arcanum
I WANT TO BE GARFIELD WHEN I GROW UP.

Default E3: 2008

So I don't know if I am the only person who has been paying attention to this, but I've been watching this on G4 (Just finished watching the Nintendo conference <3) and I have been more than a little excited because of some of the announcements.

Yesterday Microsoft had theirs and showed us Gears of War 2, Fallout 3 and Resident Evil 5. Square Enix also (To the extent of my knowledge) announced 4 RPGs that would be making their way onto the 360. Last Remnant, Star Ocean, some other random one and most importantly Final Fantasy XIII, a pretty big smack in the face (To me anyways :P) for Sony who hosted the series before this.

Today Nintendo just finished their conference and as we speak Reggie is talking on my TV to some G4 staff. I'm happy to say that they are finally going to give us Wii Music ('Member Shiggy conducting an orchestra? Ya that) and it isn't like regular music games where you hit buttons at a certain time and get scores. You play it like you would a real instrument, and at your own pace. Along with a nice look at Animal Crossing: City folk we got to look at another new piece of hardware. The Wii Speak, which allows everyone in a room to talk with everyone in another room with a different Wii allowing communities to speak to each other. And with Wii Sports Resort they also gave us a look at the new Wii Motion Plus, which senses movement in your hand and wrist and makes the game do it.

I'll throw in some of the Sony one after its been on too.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
God is a cat girl
Yuri.not.yuri.777@fan.com

Infinite Undiscovery From Square to XBOX 360. That's probably the missing one Mike. ^_^
If there is any Square games in E3, it will probably be Chrono Trigger, Sigma Harmonics, and any of the Dragon Quest games, at least I hope for those games (Chrono Trigger is for sure.).
Old 07-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Tolby
S-Cow's Owner

Wii Sports Resort
Wii Music
Animal Crossing
GTA DS(...WTF)

GoW 2 looked pretty awesome, but I didn't really care for anything Microsoft showed.

Who else didn't give a about that woman's kid, he birthday card, or her family photos?

Set by Yuri!
No one liked this post.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
Kichsuu
Cat

I came.

Will RE:5 be for Wii?
No one liked this post.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
Xylon Lionheart
Always Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolby View Post
Who else didn't give a about that woman's kid, he birthday card, or her family photos?
I know. That was completely pointless. Chuck and I were watching it together, and we were both like, "What the hell is up with this?"

In the end, I am underwhelmed by Nintendo's conference. There were some neat things, but I was expecting one thing to wow me, and nothing did.
No one liked this post.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #6
God is a cat girl

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36186.html

Yay!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #7
Tolby
S-Cow's Owner

Sword fight! I want new ds colors...

Set by Yuri!
No one liked this post.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #8
God is a cat girl

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36182.html
Looks cool!

Sonic unleashed looks HYPER!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #9
Tolby
S-Cow's Owner

Of course it does, its MegaMan.

Set by Yuri!
No one liked this post.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #10
Mike Arcanum
I WANT TO BE GARFIELD WHEN I GROW UP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sorrow View Post
Infinite Undiscovery From Square to XBOX 360. That's probably the missing one Mike. ^_^
If there is any Square games in E3, it will probably be Chrono Trigger, Sigma Harmonics, and any of the Dragon Quest games, at least I hope for those games (Chrono Trigger is for sure.).
Yes it is and thank you Sorrow.

I don't think they will be having Chrono Trigger just because it's going to be released within 5 months, not a lot of point in trying to drag in more people for it when it has the fanbase it already has when Square could probably bring in some others for something new or something unseen here (Like DQ .. 3?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolby View Post
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Music
Animal Crossing
GTA DS(...WTF)

GoW 2 looked pretty awesome, but I didn't really care for anything Microsoft showed.

Don't forget Clone Wars. It seems like they based it off of the miniseries that was on Teletoon. At least thats what I picked up from graphics.

And I didn't mind it. It familiarized myself with her which was good because for some odd reason she spoke the most. Eh, better than Reggie in my opinion. He's almost robotic sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvestfrog View Post
I came.

Will RE:5 be for Wii?
Only 360 and PS3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon Lionheart View Post
In the end, I am underwhelmed by Nintendo's conference. There were some neat things, but I was expecting one thing to wow me, and nothing did.
Well my opinion in the matter is don't expect a lot right now. Nintendo doesn't have to cater to us because it has opened itself to a demographic that no one else has really touched yet. Yeah I was expecting something like:
"Oh look Zelda picture"
*2 second random image from new Zelda*
"Wha?"
"Nothing."

But otherwise I wasn't expecting much. Was I surprised they didn't? No, not really. Business is booming in the unconventional gamer market for them. It's just good business to continue to cater to them. Besides how many of us are going to clammer once they give us some new Zelda or Metroid? Probably all of us.

I forgot Portal Still Alive for the 360 and Spore Creatures for the DS

Last edited by Mike Arcanum; 07-15-2008 at 01:28 PM..
No one liked this post.