GAMES »     RFO    LHM    ToTT    HOLV    GrB     AP     SI     RFF    RF3    RF2    RF    TOT    DSC    DS    AWL    MORE »

Old 03-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
Mike Arcanum
I WANT TO BE GARFIELD WHEN I GROW UP.

Default Moon Drop Valley Guide

Hello!

If you are reading this then you are probably interested in this forums RPG, Moon Drop Valley. For those of you that don't know RPG is an acronym for Role Playing Game and we are rather proud of ours and its long history. It has been a part of Harvest Moon Otaku since HMO's inception many of its members coming over in the merger of 6 sites that formed a collective which formed the site. Over the years it has been run by various people but it has for the most part remained intact. It's most infamous staffer was Rinibiny! Currently the RPG is run by three people who work as a cooperative effort:

Actually right now it's just little Froggy.

Mike Arcanum
Hi. I r miek. I come from Milkbagland. I once stalked 7 women at the same time ... On different continents. Feel free to ask me like... junk about the RPG. I'm usually friendly if you ask a serious question. Unless you're Xief in which case prepare to lose a hand. If you'd like me to look at your profile it costs five bucks cash. If you want me to say good things another five on top of that. Seriously though, feel free to ask anything. Unless your Xief.
My Characters are: Michael O'Connor and Nicholas. Either of them will kill you in a slow and painful manner.

He does't come on the forum anymore

Danigurl
Hey! I’m Danigurl, and I live in Hawaii (some may refer to it as imagination land but they’re a little screwy in the head). If you have any questions or concerns about the RPG don’t hesitate to contact me. I’m usually pretty active so getting a hold of me shouldn’t be too hard. So if you need anything don’t hesitate to ask.
My Character is: Faith Hudson, and she’ll be nice to you as long as you don’t piss her off.

I'm holding out hope Dani will.

Elli_the_baker
Howdy~ My name is Elli and I come from Washington “Squashington” (state!). I’m usually online all the time unless I have guests or finals. Feel free to ask me anything as I’ve been with the whole MD RP sha-bang since ….three to four years ago. No, I do not charge for RPG advice :D
My character is: Stanley Broaden. He is as pissy as he is a pansy. If he’s irritated at you, don’t feel bad; that’s the true Stanley experience!

Unfortunetly Elli doesn't get on either.

Frog!
Hi!...I'm Frog and I are mod.

I'm the one typing in bold.

Any of these peoples are suppose to be helpful and kind. Or in Mike's case angry, sarcastic and grudgingly giving. But in the end they all have to answer any questions you have (Unless it is in the FAQ (IF we get one that is) in which case they are allowed to insult you) and if you ask nicely (And don't bug them afterwards) they can even check your profile for you! We were going to buy a fourth one but Xief is so stingy. She likes to call it being "fiscally responsible". In other words she's not a real asian who as we can see from the PS3 love to spend money on totally unnecessary features.

Anyways, here are the rules and regulations of the RPG as well as a nice load of general information about the world of MDV and how it works.

Enjoy!

- MDV Staff

Table of Contents
Getting Started
Moon Drop Valley
Rules & Regulations
Tips
FAQ

Last edited by Sgt. Frog; 06-16-2011 at 03:24 PM..
No one liked this post.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
Mike Arcanum

Getting Started

Where do I begin?
All Role playing occurs on an invisible board so in order to begin RPing you must write your profile and submit it via email to the Staff. RPG Character Outline
You should direct any questions you have to one of the Staff members by PM or by creating a thread in the Discussion Board.

When you have been accepted to the RPG (Because eventually everyone gets in (Persistence is key)) you should begin by posting your Character's Profile in the Profile Section. Once that is done you'll have to introduce your character to the Valley. The best way to do this would be to have them go to the Inn to rent a room and secure some sort of income. Try asking around at things your character might be good at. Assuming they don’t already have people working form them they will more than likely hire you on. Help is always welcome.

Last edited by Mike Arcanum; 03-22-2008 at 11:12 AM..
No one liked this post.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
Mike Arcanum

Moon Drop Valley

Your Character(s)
Now though there isn't a limit to how many characters you can have or how many NPCs each of them can have we would recommend trying to keep it to one or two main characters and 3 NPCs a piece, because anymore would be hard to keep track of. Your character is to be normal-ish unless of course you want your character to have a lot of faults. So we don't want you to have an extraordinarily beautiful character unless they have the intelligence of a piece of wood, a rock or another of one of your favorite inanimate objects. Everyone is to be balanced.

We will not be accepting people who are part animal/demon. In fact we will not even continue to read your profile until you have resubmitted a normal human being. Your character's hair is to be a natural hair color unless they have dyed it blue or bright pink or in Xief's case a rainbow of vomit and poop. As your character cannot use magic and the like they cannot teleport and so they can only be in one place at one time. Don't have them in two places at once.

Magic
Just allow us to reinforce this. There is no under any circumstances magic in this RPG. If you would like an act of "Divine Intervention" run it by one of us staffers and we will decide whether or not it is going to happen.

Sex
You are not to graphically type out your character having sexual intercourse. If you must be so blatant to point out to everyone that your character is "getting lucky" then I suggest a simple scene similar to the following:

Quote:
John looked at Carol for a moment hesitant to make to quickly a movement. She sat down on the bed and motioned for him to sit beside him and he slowly walked over to her and sat beside her. For a moment they sat there and they simply enjoy each other's presence before embracing each other in a passionate kiss.

As dawn quickly approached John left the room disheveled, his hair a mess and his clothes wrinkled. Blah blah blah

Tracy Hickman (Heheh. Hick) said "There's nothing like a good boot scene. It leaves the mystery and beauty of sex intact while indicating exactly what happened."

Jobs
If you would like to start your own business you should get in contact with Dani. As we are interested in promoting growth and prosperity you will be limited to owning one business, though if you wish to work for someone else to gain more money you are more than welcome to. If you are interested in owning a farm get in contact with the Staff as they may be able to tell you if there is deals (There are never enough of something and promos will help us and you :])

Due to newer members joining the RPG and creating a business only to become inactive, only members who are a) active in the main forum itself and/or b) significantly active in the RPG will be considered for owning/opening a new business. However, everyone may feel free to apply to places to work part time.
If you are interested in owning a business you should fill out the form below.

Quote:
- Business Name:
- Type of Store:
- Owner:

- List of Basic Services or Products you provide.

- Physical Description of Business.

- Store Hours.

- Whatever else you may wish to include.
An example can be found here.

If a business you were looking forward to owning is already taken simply have your character ask if they can have a job there. We won't guarantee that you'll get it (Especially if other people are working there) but it's better than nothing right? If you have a idea about a new shop (I.e. anything not from our list) feel free top suggest it to us. Again no guarantees but if you present it in the right way you'll more than likely be approved.

Heart Rate System

Much like the series it takes after, Moon Drop Valley has a relationship system that is available for everyone to see. We will allow you to choose how fast your relationships with people will progress but we won't be having you meet, each other get married and have babies same day. Try to use common sense when you are moving people on it. You also may want to take into consideration their personality.

Black - Your character doesn't like this character. One could call this level loathing.

White - Your character is indifferent to this person. They have just met, and probably have not spoken much.

Purple - This is the default heart rate. Your character has met this person, maybe said a few sentences, and will probably recognize them again the next time they meet.

Blue - You have had a few conversations, or maybe a single heart-to-heart, and your character now has a new friend!

Green - This person has become very close to your character, and is probably around them quite a bit. You may not call this "best friends" yet, but you can bet it's close. Your character may develop some... more romantic feelings at this point, if there weren't an obvious attraction already.

Yellow - The person who made it to a yellow heart rate is obviously very close and very important to your character. Romantic feelings may (or may not) have become apparent yet, and things might start moving a little faster.

Orange - Your character has already realized his/her romantic feelings for the person, and these feelings are probably requited and fulfilling. Family and the closest of friends should also fall under this category.

Pink - Your character has found love. This is the short, step-before-marriage area for those lucky characters who reach this far inside of your character's heart.

Red - Your character has found that there is no doubt about it, they are in love, and probably married or soon to be married, to the love of their life. Their spouse should fall into this category, though some people opt to never become married, and as such, "life partners" would also fall into this category.

Last edited by danigurl; 07-27-2010 at 12:40 AM..
No one liked this post.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Mike Arcanum

-- Rules & Regulations --

No powerplaying – Powerplaying is forcing other players characters to do something against their will. Unless you have been granted permission refrain from doing so as this is considered a breach of etiquette.

No godmodding – Essentially, “godmodding” is making your character invincible or untouchable. For example,
Quote:
Doug punched Bob furiously knocking him into the wall.

Bob got up and cracked his neck. "That all you got?"
If someone hit you with enough force to fall backwards chances are it hurt. So roleplay your character getting hurt and uppercut Doug in the stomach!

No smileys or emotes – These will not be tolerated. This is a game but have some sort of seriousness, this isn’t a chatroom.

Keep it PG – I don’t want to see excessive amounts of violence, sex and cursing. If I do I’ll give you a gold star before kicking you so hard out of the RPG you’re grandchildren will feel it.

Third-person roleplaying – Basically you are role playing someone else. Not you. So you would say “Charles danced liked an idiot much to the amusement of Sharon.”

Not: “Sharon looked amused when I began to dance like an idiot.”

No doubling up – Don’t be in two roleplays at once. Unless you have two different characters just like you can’t be in two different places, your character can’t.

Decent grammar and spelling – I’m not expecting you to be perfect, no one is but at least put forth a noticeable effort. It doesn’t take a lot to press the shift key or hit the period button every once and a while.

NPCs – Don’t have NPCs coming out of the wazoo. Three is the recommended limit but for the moment we won’t have an actual cap on how many you can have. We will trust you not take advantage of us.

Plots – Something you may see very soon. Events that affect (Either negatively or positively) the entire valley. Depending on how well the first one goes will determine if we continue with these and quite possibly allow members to present us with these.

Last edited by Xief; 04-10-2008 at 11:46 PM..
No one liked this post.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
Mike Arcanum

-- Tips --

RPing may seem like hard work, but you can really get into and have a lot of fun. Following my suggestions above will help you have a great time, and make others on your RP quickly appreciate you.

Don't be afraid of adding to many details. The more details, the better off the roleplay will be.

No one liners. They do nothing to advance the story. Most people do not like them as they do nothing for the roleplay, unless your thread starter says that one liners is okay, always assume if it is not mentioned that one liners are not permitted.

Ask for advice from a veteran.
Off the top of my head some of the best RPers we have are Cynra, Danigurl, Elli and Jazzie. If you don’t see yourself becoming a writer and aren’t good at going into great detail try the Harold approach. ;)

Ideally, roleplaying is not about fighting each other. It may be a friendly rivalry, but if at the end of the day you feel upset, you're probably not doing something right.

Last edited by Xief; 04-10-2008 at 11:49 PM..
No one liked this post.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #6
Mike Arcanum

-- FAQ --

Q. Have you looked at my profile?

A. We might have we might not have. Asking this 562 times is not going to get us to look at it. It will piss us off. Allow us to check at our leisure as chances are we’ll be happier when we do and more likely to let you in.

Q. Why has my profile been rejected?

A. You suck.

Actually, it’s probably because it was lacking in some way, whether you didn’t have a long enough history or your appearance consists of “she has brown hair and blue eyes … kbai.” We’d like to see at least one good paragraph for the personality and appearance. Two for story.

None of them are hard really it’s just a matter of effort. And don’t worry. We will never reject your profile without a reason which we will tell you.

Reminder: If anyone would like help with a profile don’t hesitate to ask. Just contact one of the RPG staff through PM. We're always here to help with any questions or concerns you may have :D

Last edited by danigurl; 07-27-2010 at 12:39 AM..
No one liked this post.
Closed Thread