PDA

View Full Version : [DS] Harvest Moon Changes

XxCythxX
05-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I would like you to list things that you would like to see change or be added to typical Harvest Moon games and why you would want to see those changes!

LunarNeko
05-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Gay marriage.

XxCythxX
05-12-2010, 11:15 AM
REALLY?!

LunarNeko
05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Yes - I feel that I would enjoy being able to marry a person of the same sex.

XxCythxX
05-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Do you feel the same way in real life?

LunarNeko
05-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Not always - but often.

God is a cat girl
05-12-2010, 12:33 PM
A quality change, for better.
Changes... Go back in time and do a new game with the changes that GBC3 brought + improvement.
No shipping bin, because no one goes to your farm everyday to see if there is something in a box. In the very least the phone felt better. You call and say what you are selling, they come to get the stuff and leave the money. Weather like in AWL, since it seems that they stopped using it?
BtN sized mines and with less useless items, or give those items a purpose instead of only selling them (like how in WB you use gems to make other items that sell for lots of money).
TV seems to have some changes that I wanted to see. More than 1 village, a "request board", a cart for the horse to transport stuff.
Part time job system like in GBC3 would be cool too, if other types were available too.
More distinct places. Much like how it happens in GBC3. More events and even events that aren't related with the village. Like how GBC3 had the falling stars day and the eclipse day.

To have the actual Harvest Moon in Harvest Moon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_moon

Bring RF3 AI system to HM games.

Like before the festivals, have our character help others setting up the festival. Like how we helped building the hot springs and the bridge in N64. If it's a festival in a small community, people usually help setting it up, but in HM they pop out of nowhere. O_O

Sexuality thread. ::D:

XxCythxX
05-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Are you a guy or girl?

LunarNeko
05-12-2010, 12:44 PM
My gender is unimportant.

Anyway The Sorrow had some really good points, and I'd like to see some of those changes as well. It'd be kind of cool to have mini-games on the TV again too.

God is a cat girl
05-12-2010, 01:08 PM
My gender is unimportant.

Anyway The Sorrow had some really good points, and I'd like to see some of those changes as well. It'd be kind of cool to have mini-games on the TV again too.

Yes! that would be cool. That was really cool, to play the games on TV, plus I liked Horse races in GBC2 a lot more.

I feel like the mini games decreased in number and quality too. Frisbee game was funny, but then games like the horse pulling you in SI was plain boring.
WB sorta of lacks mini games, but it has a really simple snowboarding mini game (or you can still use the snowboard without activating the mini game and anywhere in the village, as long as you have a slope), but they made it too simple, since it's still in the village, and it doesn't use a new scenery/screen like in GBC3. Snowboarding in GBC3 was pretty cool.

I think that in WB we help in some festivals. The mayor gives you tea leaves, you make the "tea bag" (or whatever they call it) and you bring it to the mayor in the festival day and everyone drinks some tea. Same happens with a different item. Still it felt something too easy and it doesn't really consume much time. Something more... time consuming and "exhausting" would be cooler. Like, making the stalls and such things, we could have the game skip it or maybe having us controlling the character and do things like carry materials or something else, would give a nice feeling too.

I think that the current consoles have power for a lot more. Like, when they build something on our farm, now it happens in one day.
Why not making it like, in the morning the guy/guys arrive and the npcs bring like, a cart with the materials, then we see the construction being made (in stages like in other games, not having us seeing it being made piece by piece, it would be a lot more complicated to make it. XD) as time goes by.
Not like, building appears and guy spends 3 days hammering the same place.
If they are using our materials, the game can say something like, to put the materials in a spot so they can use them.
Also, completion of the buildings being done by hours, not by days. Like, guys work 8 hours a day, and a building needs 24 hours to be completed. If we don't put the materials in the spot by the time they are supposed to start working, they can't work and the construction is delayed till we get them the materials.

LunarNeko
05-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Yes! that would be cool. That was really cool, to play the games on TV, plus I liked Horse races in GBC2 a lot more.

I feel like the mini games decreased in number and quality too. Frisbee game was funny, but then games like the horse pulling you in SI was plain boring.
WB sorta of lacks mini games, but it has a really simple snowboarding mini game (or you can still use the snowboard without activating the mini game and anywhere in the village, as long as you have a slope), but they made it too simple, since it's still in the village, and it doesn't use a new scenery/screen like in GBC3. Snowboarding in GBC3 was pretty cool.

I think that in WB we help in some festivals. The mayor gives you tea leaves, you make the "tea bag" (or whatever they call it) and you bring it to the mayor in the festival day and everyone drinks some tea. Same happens with a different item. Still it felt something too easy and it doesn't really consume much time. Something more... time consuming and "exhausting" would be cooler. Like, making the stalls and such things, we could have the game skip it or maybe having us controlling the character and do things like carry materials or something else, would give a nice feeling too.

I think that the current consoles have power for a lot more. Like, when they build something on our farm, now it happens in one day.
Why not making it like, in the morning the guy/guys arrive and the npcs bring like, a cart with the materials, then we see the construction being made (in stages like in other games, not having us seeing it being made piece by piece, it would be a lot more complicated to make it. XD) as time goes by.
Not like, building appears and guy spends 3 days hammering the same place.
If they are using our materials, the game can say something like, to put the materials in a spot so they can use them.
Also, completion of the buildings being done by hours, not by days. Like, guys work 8 hours a day, and a building needs 24 hours to be completed. If we don't put the materials in the spot by the time they are supposed to start working, they can't work and the construction is delayed till we get them the materials.

More realism! I like the idea of helping with the festivals. Hammering the same spot would not build a barn!

Diminished
05-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Realistically, Harvest Moon has a huge area of improvements to be made. Even in the older games, you see more interactive festivals, and in the newer ones, better AI. HMRF2 has a lot of what I want, but I would still like to see more festivals that are interactive, and a better weather system. Really, though, I don't want more 'realism', only a better gaming experience.

I agree with the same-sex marriage option, though I personally would still go for the girlies.

Frannie
05-12-2010, 04:22 PM
A same-sex marriage option would be cool, or they should at least keep the "Best Friend" thing they put in the Japanese version of IOH. I'm a heterosexual girl...but honestly I wish I could marry the girls instead in my main save file. I have a girlcrush on Julia and Dia.

TSweezy13
05-14-2010, 03:41 AM
I hope the character could interact with the furniture around him (For example, I'd like to see my character sit down on a chair at least once, I always kept wondering how he could stand up for 20+ hours without getting tired)

singing_star
05-14-2010, 10:57 PM
I hate not being included in festivals... nya

Silverwolf
05-15-2010, 09:54 AM
http://www.fogu.com/hm6/forgirl_bestfriend.php?p=n

it kinda seems like it

Frannie
05-15-2010, 10:53 AM
http://www.fogu.com/hm6/forgirl_bestfriend.php?p=n

it kinda seems like it

Seems like what?

Shadownami92
05-15-2010, 03:56 PM
I would like a game where they made the nature part of the game very relaxing. AWL was good with this and rainy days in HM64 were nice as everything was a little more blue.

Also being able to have the guys and girls in your village that you don't marry be able to marry eachother, that would be cool too. They had it in HM64 but lots of others lacked that feature making it kind of awkward being the only married couple of the younger generation.

To be honest I wish they didn't screw around with the gameplay so much in the later games. Right now I would be happy if they just took the core gameplay of BtN and HM64, and combined it with stuff like the part time job system and the bulletin board and whatnot. Then just do a graphics overhaul, make some great spouse choices and villagers. Make some great dialogue and then it would be golden.

Also a multi player option could be cool. Maybe something like animal crossing where you can visit their town. They could make it unlockable once you build a guest house or something, that way the visiting player can sleep in it rather than going back home each day.

Silverwolf
05-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Seems like what?

same sex marriage

XxCythxX
06-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I would love to own my own farm store so I can sell products that I produce on my farm! It would be so cool!!!

God is a cat girl
06-06-2010, 09:50 AM
I would love to own my own farm store so I can sell products that I produce on my farm! It would be so cool!!!

Well, you will have a stand in WB, and that's pretty much the only way to get the proper amount for your products (there is no shipping bin in WB). You can sell your stuff to the Mexican guy that runs the shop, but he gives you less money for each item, and it doesn't help progressing in the game.
GBC3 was the first to have a stand, next was AWL.
Not a shop, but a shop would either consume too much time or be empty most of the time. XD
Having someone else besides our family working in the shop would be silly, unless we paid them for doing it. XP

XxCythxX
06-06-2010, 09:52 AM
No, no, no, no, a shop that you could run one day a week or mabey even a month! You know, like a farmers market!

God is a cat girl
06-06-2010, 10:00 AM
No, no, no, no, a shop that you could run one day a week or mabey even a month! You know, like a farmers market!

In WB, the bazaar only opens 1 day per week, so you can only go to your stand in that day.
GBC3 had the market like... twice a week?
AWL when Van wasn't there.

XxCythxX
06-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Yah, it would be cool to run a shop at your own pace is what I mean.

anubiapalladium
06-07-2010, 04:45 PM
i'm for the same sex marriage! that would be cool. also, i would like shorter load times like in mm on gamecube. the newer versions seem to have too long of load times. and one thing i would like to stay is shorter days. ap takes too much time irl for me to play and enjoy.

Silverwolf
06-07-2010, 04:53 PM
I remember now! Ok, maybe more chances to say what you think. Instead of an automatic yes or no, you can choose

God is a cat girl
06-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Do you like turtles?
[ ] Yes.
[ ] No.
[ ] I'm not Jonathan...
[ ] I like Turtles.
[ ] In Soviet Russia turtles like you.

Silverwolf
06-07-2010, 05:02 PM
So, your coming to the goddesses spring with me right?
[ ] yeah
[ ] pffffft, yeah right
[ ] go by yourself weirdo
[ ] I would love too, with all my lovely heart and soul, yes yes yes!

XxCythxX
06-08-2010, 03:18 PM
i'm for the same sex marriage! that would be cool. also, i would like shorter load times like in mm on gamecube. the newer versions seem to have too long of load times. and one thing i would like to stay is shorter days. ap takes too much time irl for me to play and enjoy.

Your right about the load time!!! It takes way too long with the new games!

SilverMoon
06-08-2010, 06:31 PM
It would be cool if you could have more than one child & if you could choose where your house would be located. I was also thinking that it would be awesome if they created a game where you design the people, town, villagers, animals, ect. but the game events would be already planned out, and you would play the game when you finish designing.

XxCythxX
06-13-2010, 11:30 AM
I wish you could type in or speak into the microphone (on you DS), what you you would like to respond to people!!!

SilverMoon
06-14-2010, 07:35 PM
That would be so awesome!!!!!!!!!! But the only thing is that what would they respond to you????? They would probably make the game so that you had a list of phrases to chose from instead of typing your own.

XxCythxX
06-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Yah, like in Sims Bustin Out.

But it would be sooo cool if you could travel to other "places" instead of staying in one valley/village for your whole life (in the game)!

SilverMoon
06-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, and if you could meet new people and meet a wider variety of bachelor(ettes)