PDA

View Full Version : [DS] Nintendo 3DS

God is a cat girl
03-23-2010, 12:32 PM
http://tinycartridge.com/post/467862517/nintendo-3ds-to-be-revealed-at-e3-this-june

Let us see how this goes, and hopefully well. So 1 or 2 years after we can see a PSP 3000-D. ::D:

Boy_Tomo_Chan
03-23-2010, 12:34 PM
YOU KNOW, I MUST BE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD THAT ACTUALLY LIKED VIRTUAL BOY!

I have no idea what this could be though XD

God is a cat girl
03-23-2010, 12:40 PM
YOU KNOW, I MUST BE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD THAT ACTUALLY LIKED VIRTUAL BOY!

I have no idea what this could be though XD

It might be like a new DSi game that uses the cameras to detect the movement. Some say like an iPhone game that uses the motion detector. But yeah, this kind of 3D is already done, before the iPhone as well.

Tolby
03-23-2010, 01:18 PM
3D GBA games? Otherwise I don't give a damn.

God is a cat girl
03-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see. Wait and see.

http://kotaku.com/5500166/report-nintendo-3ds-also-has-3d-joystick-force-feedback--more

Caspis Sinclair
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
If this ISN'T some kind of early April Fool's gag...

The new system actually sounds kind of interesting, in all seriousness.

*Graphics ability at least equal to the Game Cube

*Two screens (like the DS) but with nearly no gap between them

* "Tilt" style controls similar to the iPhone/iPad

* Stylus Control

and of course...

THREEDEE! :dogtongue:

Okay so I'm not all that excited about the 3d (yet), but a true hardware upgrade to the DS is welcome news.

God is a cat girl
03-23-2010, 02:46 PM
* "Tilt" style controls similar to the iPhone/iPad

Sorry, nope. Like Japanese cell phones like SoftBank 930SH (and older models). Apple didn't made it, they brought the idea and made it overcharged (in mobiles).
It's an accelerometer, which is even used in the Wii. Why so much reference to Apple?

And the screens made by Sharp. ::D:

Caspis Sinclair
03-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Sorry, nope. Like Japanese cell phones like SoftBank 930SH (and older models). Apple didn't made it

True. 3d cell phones (overseas) also beat the 3DS to the market.

I wasn't trying to imply that Apple created tilt features, I just used it as an example that most people would recognize.

(what is the joke about the screens being made by Sharp? :confuse: )

God is a cat girl
03-23-2010, 03:02 PM
True. 3d cell phones (overseas) also beat the 3DS to the market.

I wasn't trying to imply that Apple created tilt features, I just used it as an example that most people would recognize.

(what is the joke about the screens being made by Sharp? :confuse: )

But the controls might not be "tilt", it's motion controls, just not the Wii kind of motion. I just don't like how people make everything look Apple, while Apple look like an imitation of everything.

It's not a joke, it's just that it seems that the screens will be made by Sharp using their 3D LCD technology.

Chuck
03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Looking to be a pretty huge fiscal year for Nintendo, can't wait to hear more at E3 :D

Found this interesting too: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=240094

Pachter mused over how Nintendo might achieve 3D without the use of glasses. "I don't understand the technology behind a 3D display that doesn't require glasses. If it's so easy to do, why would Samsung put out 3D HDTVs that require glasses? My guess is that Nintendo has figured something out that is either very cool and advanced, or is a gimmick, and until I see it, I really won't know."

Pachter went on to comment: "What's interesting to me is that Nintendo is so bold. It seems that if 3D on portable devices was easy, Apple would have beat them to it. If they truly pioneer a technology, my guess is that Apple will mimic the technology. Without a real breakthrough in game play (as happened with the DS), I'm not sure that this device will do much more than serve as a replacement for current DS owners."

Really does make you think. But if it's anything like a Nintendo console, it'll be relatively cheap too. o_o

Caspis Sinclair
03-23-2010, 03:12 PM
But the controls might not be "tilt", it's motion controls, just not the Wii kind of motion.

It will be interesting to hear more about how the Big N plans to implement the motion controls. I wonder how they'll get around the obstacle of needing some kind of "focus point" like the Wii/PSMove/Natal.

God is a cat girl
03-23-2010, 03:19 PM
It will be interesting to hear more about how the Big N plans to implement the motion controls. I wonder how they'll get around the obstacle of needing some kind of "focus point" like the Wii/PSMove/Natal.

Well, in those consoles you need a "focus point" because you need to make faster and complex movements, things that wouldn't happen in a portable console.
But some time ago there was the rumor about the next DS having motion controls and they said that people misunderstood, so like everything I think that we just should wait and see.

One of the points of the accelerometer might be for the 3D as well, or the 3D will just use the cameras for motion detection, but somehow it sounds sorta unreliable to me, so maybe combining the 2?

Really does make you think. But if it's anything like a Nintendo console, it'll be relatively cheap too. o_o I think that we need words to describe the 3D that will be used.
I think that people are seeing 3D that jumps out of the screen, but there is the other type of 3D that doesn't need glasses because it's like "simulated" into the screen, like looking into a box, like happens in a DSi ware game and another for the iPhone.

Caspis Sinclair
03-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I think that people are seeing 3D that jumps out of the screen, but there is the other type of 3D that doesn't need glasses because it's like "simulated" into the screen, like looking into a box, like happens in a DSi ware game and another for the iPhone.

I forgot about that one... (the DSi game, that is)

"Hidden 3d Image" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE&feature=player_embedded)

In that case maybe the built-in cameras are enough for the kind of motion sensing that you mentioned?

God is a cat girl
03-23-2010, 03:44 PM
I forgot about that one... (the DSi game, that is)

"Hidden 3d Image" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE&feature=player_embedded)

In that case maybe the built-in cameras are enough for the kind of motion sensing that you mentioned?

I think that it depends on the movements, but I always see camera detection without another device in front of it as something susceptible to flaws.
It's like how the Eye Toy seemed fun for a while but then it felt heavily flawed. I wouldn't like to be limited to play in only certain places because of the camera detection.

Xylon Lionheart
03-23-2010, 03:52 PM
The thing that amuses me the most is that this is the first solid proof of the beginning of the eighth generation of gaming.

Shadownami92
03-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if it will be a big enough change to finally get me to buy a new DS, Im still using my DS fat xD

MicroRave
03-23-2010, 08:48 PM
For some reason my gut's telling me the risk of seizures may be heightened ::D:

That Hidden 3D image thing was Insane though...

I can't wait till we can play with holograms >w<

God is a cat girl
03-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Some of the comments about this are hilarious.
Like OMG ANOTHER MODEL! No one read the press release, since it says to succeed the DS series.
Much like the comments about the XL and DSi were retarded, so most of these are as well. XD

DSi - Cameras, DSiware, other minor stuff. A new model with some improvement.
DSi XL - Just a bigger DSi. If you have a DSi you won't need this, so why the stupid comments?

4 models of a console? Sony did the same, in a shorter period of time. Sony does even worse with PS3. It's like a new PS3 model every trimester.

OMG, RUMORS ABOUT A WII HD, ANOTHER MODEL. PS3 models have like, little to no improvement, so why not a Wii that can have HD? Don't you all whine about the graphics?

Just silly things that I hear and things that I probably tell them, since they are blind or something.

Nintendo 3DS is actually a temporary name as it says in the press release.

I'm still in the wait and see mode, instead of going hardcore about it or calling it a troll.
I just hope that Nintendo makes something good, or at least not awful.

Solash
03-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who went out and bought a DSi XL, cause guess what. Nintendo is releasing new hardware. The 3DS, and it will be in 3D O_O.

http://kotaku.com/5499697/nintendo-announces-new-hardware-the-nintendo-3ds

Discuss.

God is a cat girl
03-29-2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.hmotaku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5360

Gosh, it was the second thread. ;P

On the DSi XL comment. Only truly retarded people were the ones who had a DSi and bought a XL. Any comment about how the XL is just like a DSi and is bad for being the same, coming from a person that traded a DSi for a XL, is in fact invalid. Just because they are retarded. It was so retarded that not even Nintendo expected that. Those who had previous models and bought a XL, it's not that bad. Nintendo always releases a last model for their consoles in the end of it's life, and the DS sure lived long (It probably has twice more games than the GBA did).
It's a last chance for those who never got to get a DS, to play in really big screens.

About the 3DS. I hope that they use a SD or whatever card slot and stop using tiny flash in their cards for save files. I'd rather but a memory card and have the games with not so many limitations over the save files. SD cards are cheap, huge and simple to use.

I don't care about internal memory, if I can use SD cards. Internal Memory (a good amount that is) would only make the console more expensive.

I don't mind game cards, as long as they aren't limited/small as the DS ones. The biggest card (rom) out there is only 4 gigabit = 512 megabyte. And it's not being sold yet. Only games like Tokimeki Memorial: Girl’s Side 3rd Story, Inazuma Eleven 3, Love Plus+ and some other game, are the ones that will first use those cards.

Solash
03-29-2010, 02:15 PM
O___________O How in the world did I not see that?!
*Hides in shame*

Chuck
03-29-2010, 03:01 PM
s'okay, merged!

SD cards :cool2:

God is a cat girl
03-31-2010, 12:01 PM
I just hope that Square continue their Remake wave in 3DS. Next FFV and FFVI. Damn, FFVI with GC graphics and 3D, sounds godly.
3D KEFKA! :D
If they keep it faithful to the original, it will be awesome. It's been many years since I played the game, so I don't remember the script very well, but if they can make it even more interesting, it would be awesome.

Taills
04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE

Whoa, really strange. Just kidding. DSi game, just looks like what the 3DS would be.

God is a cat girl
04-01-2010, 12:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE

Whoa, really strange. Just kidding. DSi game, just looks like what the 3DS would be.

Actually one of the methods that might be used is something like that, but using proper screens for 3D.

Chuck
04-05-2010, 02:44 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2010/04/05/nintendo-3ds-professional-desginer-mock-designs-the-nintendo-3ds/

http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/3ds_3.jpg?w=405&h=281

Someone's concept art. Looks more like something Sony would put together to me.

Shadownami92
04-05-2010, 09:09 PM
That concept has awkward button positions I think the joystick is so low compared to the reest of it.

God is a cat girl
04-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Much as I hated the PSP buttons but they were pretty good to slip into the pockets, the nub was a complete nightmare to put and take out the PSP without the nub getting stuck or just being hard to take the whole thing off.

So I just think that only the screens closing is pretty lame.

Shadownami92
04-05-2010, 09:19 PM
I just like having all of my buttons relatively closely bunched up to eachother. the only gaps would be a trigger button and the shoulder buttons.

God is a cat girl
04-06-2010, 12:12 PM
http://kotaku.com/5510693/is-this-the-best-nintendo-3ds-mockup-weve-seen-or-the-real-thing/gallery/

I saw this earlier but in the actual blog of the guy who did. Might post it later.

Caspis Sinclair
04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
It's easily the best mock-up that I've seen, but I really doubt that it is the real 3DS.

We still have two more months to wait until the 3DS is unveiled at E3, so we're probably going to see many more mock-ups before then.

God is a cat girl
04-06-2010, 01:26 PM
It's easily the best mock-up that I've seen, but I really doubt that it is the real 3DS.

We still have two more months to wait until the 3DS is unveiled at E3, so we're probably going to see many more mock-ups before then.

There is a photo that really looks shopped.

There's quite a ton of them already.

Solash
04-06-2010, 01:30 PM
It would be pretty sweet if it was real.

God is a cat girl
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
When I first saw the one that I posted, I thought it was somewhat cool for a prototype, but when you think about it, it doesn't look that good, and it would be a pain.
Hands would hurt 'cause of unbalance that the screen of the vertical would create, and it would hit everything with it.

Horizontal is fine though.

Site: http://hamstern.air-nifty.com/mogumogu/2010/04/post-3c64.html

Also, wasn't said that it would have 2 screens? All I saw was 1 split screen.
And the recharger port is under the screen? That doesn't sound like a good idea.

If they make the analog like the one in the PSP, I'd say it would be cool if they gave a bigger nub as well.

MicroRave
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Also, wasn't said that it would have 2 screens? All I saw was 1 split screen.
And the recharger port is under the screen? That doesn't sound like a good idea.

I can picture something like this happening to the DS xD

http://azucomp.ytmnd.com/

God is a cat girl
05-08-2010, 01:31 PM
It seems that the 3DS will be able to turn the 3D on and off. People are already panicking about the "ON NOES! GAMES WON'T BE IN 3D!"
Like, the technology behind the 3D in those screens doesn't need the games to be specifically made for 3D. What will happen is the obvious thing, not all games will need 3D, but some will be 3D exclusively. People are just panicking over something stupid, because no one really knows what 3D is.
If people thought that all games in the 3DS will be like the one in the DSi, they were ignorantly wrong. Because that's a game with head tracking and simulating 3D.
If you play Zelda in 3D, you won't need headtracking or the 3D 100% of the time. Even if they include puzzles that require a perspective change, it won't be 100% of the time (that's not how Zelda plays), so the 3D can be turned off if you don't need it, or don't want it on. That way you save battery and your eyes, without having to be obligated to play it in 3D when it's not needed.

People just doesn't know that the current 3D technology doesn't need the games/movies to be made for 3D. See the new LCD TVs with 3D? You can use those to watch normal movies in 3D, and you can choose between 3D or not. When you turn the 3D on, the TV itself prepares the image for the "goggles". If you turn on the 3D in those TVs and not put the glasses, what you see is that the image is sorta overlaying itself but shifting to one side. The glasses just turn that shifted image into a different perspective. The image is at 120fps, and each side of the glasses is at 60fps alternately, which gives a different perspective to each eye, and there you have the 3D. There is no need for the games or movies to be made for 3D, since the TV and glasses do the work themselves. Of course developers might want to make it more 3D sided to avoid a bad 3D.

The 3DS just will use a different technology but some of principles seem to be the same, but without glasses and with a phalanx barrier.

And article that explains how the 3D works without glasses:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/12/3d_illusion/

It has some down sides, but it's better than walk with a pair of glasses around, and since the 3D isn't obligatory in that system, like in 99% of the 3D stuff out there, it won't be much of a problem.

And I sorta of don't see why people panic with the not being 3D all the time. Like, almost nothing needs the 3D anyway? Besides stuff like that DSi game, you don't have to watch a movie in 3D. Watching a movie in 3D is the same as watching it in 2D, just with the image in 3D, but the content is still the same. Watching Avatar in 3D doesn't change the movie in any way, you just see the image in a different way, but everything is the same. They are still blue, the story is the same, everything is the same.
Also, to have something like that DSi game, is impossible with just 3D. Because without the head tracking or other technology that knows from which side you are looking at it, it's impossible to have a game like that.

MicroRave
08-12-2010, 04:42 PM
It seems that the 3DS will be able to turn the 3D on and off.

It's a sliding switch actually. You can slide it on or off completely but also control the depth of the 3D. They covered it in a magazine I bought recently.

God is a cat girl
08-12-2010, 04:44 PM
It's a sliding switch actually. You can slide it on or off completely but also control the depth of the 3D. They covered it in a magazine I bought recently.
Yeah, during the E3, I knew that.

Starrimaela
08-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm so excited (:

~Starr

arcanumghost
08-13-2010, 11:04 AM

That's amazing, I wanna know how they're going to manage that. My original understanding of the 3D was there would be two screens being displayed at different angles in the same location. But how can they control the depth, especially without glasses? Nintendo kinda blows my mind : /

God is a cat girl
08-13-2010, 11:15 AM
That's amazing, I wanna know how they're going to manage that. My original understanding of the 3D was there would be two screens being displayed at different angles in the same location. But how can they control the depth, especially without glasses? Nintendo kinda blows my mind : /

http://kotaku.com/5611892/how-3d-on-the-3ds-actually-works

arcanumghost
08-13-2010, 11:30 AM
I described it terribly, but that's the concept I had in mind. I guess the depth changes could be done by the system software through rendering? I can't imagine they implemented a way for the angle at which the screens are viewed to change... Yeah, they must be just changing the perspectives from which the game is rendered.

God is a cat girl
08-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I described it terribly, but that's the concept I had in mind. I guess the depth changes could be done by the system software through rendering? I can't imagine they implemented a way for the angle at which the screens are viewed to change... Yeah, they must be just changing the perspectives from which the game is rendered.

Yeah, like, they have 2 different angles in the same screen. Hmmm... like, one image on top of the other, then the screen directs the image to the right eye.
Actually it's because of the rendering of 2 different images to create the 3D, that the 3DS games won't be able to use the full capabilities of the graphics chip.
The chip seems to be capable to create even better graphics, but since it has to create 2 different "videos", the processing is already being all used for that without reaching the max quality.

It's like how my computer can run a game just fine, but if I'm using 2 monitors with a different "desktops" in each one, the game will run slowly.

But it's like how the guy in the video says. You have 2 virtual cameras in the game with slightly different angles.
The same applies to the 3D cameras (the real ones). At first they used 2 cameras attached to each other and with slightly different angles, though now it's just 1 camera with 2... lenses? Like, 2 cameras in 1.
The 3DS also uses 2 cameras to take 3D pictures.

But since only the pictures alone won't do, you need to go to the hardware part.

arcanumghost
08-13-2010, 01:44 PM
They'll be having cartridges that only work on the 3DS, correct? Do you think any of them will be able to use the full 3d capabilities of the chip, duplicate the same image to both eyes, and be able to produce better graphics that way? Or do you think the chip would still be generating the same image twice and not be reconfigurable in this way? I assume they'll at least internally keep options open to use the technology any way they want, even if the development kits they sell to third parties are limited to certain uses of the hardware.

Shadownami92
08-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm a little confused at what your trying to say. The cartridges are pretty much just storage devices. I think the point that Sorrow is trying to make is that the hardware has to work double time to render out two views at 1 time in order to get the 3D effect. So if it didn't have said 3D to worry about the graphic chip could get pushed further either with a better framerate or with more stuff on screen per frame I think.

That other stuff you said about how the 3d is generated really doesn't seem to make any sense to me. The 3d will always be generated the same way, granted it is probably possible to optimize game engines for better graphics anyways just how every console's history has pretty much been.

arcanumghost
08-13-2010, 06:48 PM
The way the screen is designed is to send one image to one eye, and one image to the other, so regardless of whether or not the 3d effect is on, there will be two screens worth of pixels being displayed. If they simply use the same frame, sent to both screens, they could render one frame at a time with much higher graphic capability(or, as you said, possibly a higher frame rate). What I'm curious about is the likelihood the chip is made to do this or if this would be available to studios outside of Nintendo.

Shadownami92
08-13-2010, 06:53 PM
The way the screen is designed is to send one image to one eye, and one image to the other, so regardless of whether or not the 3d effect is on, there will be two screens worth of pixels being displayed. If they simply use the same frame, sent to both screens, they could render one frame at a time with much higher graphic capability(or, as you said, possibly a higher frame rate). What I'm curious about is the likelihood the chip is made to do this or if this would be available to studios outside of Nintendo.

But for this 3d it doesn't use the same frame. It uses 2 frames each on is from a slightly different angle from a different camera.

God is a cat girl
08-13-2010, 06:55 PM

I don't remember the name of the chip, but the chip doesn't belong to Nintendo. And what is funny is that the chip isn't even considered new nowadays. XD

That's basically what I told you. They won't use the full graphical capabilities of the chip because the chip already has to generate 2 images for the 3D.
What they can do is instead of making a 3D game is to make a normal game which will look even better, but no 3D. Though for a console that the selling point is the 3D, I don't see the point in killing the 3D.
Unless they find a way to use 3D and use the chip capabilities to the max. Though such things are usually harder in handhelds.

Edit: Pica 200
http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-3ds-graphics-chip-revealed

arcanumghost
08-13-2010, 07:43 PM
It seems you both agree the Pica 200 chip could be used to produce better graphics without the 3d effect. I hope you're right and developers get to use the chip in full if they want to.

God is a cat girl
08-13-2010, 07:59 PM
It seems you both agree the Pica 200 chip could be used to produce better graphics without the 3d effect. I hope you're right and developers get to use the chip in full if they want to.

Well, MGS3 in 3D in the 3DS. I couldn't ask for better. Actually it was better that I was expecting. Totally didn't saw that coming. Though it was a demo, there was a few gameplay pics too.

Shadownami92
08-13-2010, 08:00 PM

I don't understand what you mean when you say the developers can use the chip in full. You don't have to be from Nintendo to know how the chip works and I'm pretty sure most AAA game developers are going to make their own game engines to run on the 3DS anyways that can push the technical limitations to fit their needs.

arcanumghost
08-13-2010, 09:20 PM
It seems to me like some of the system technologies are never fully utilized except by Nintendo, which led me to believe they would provide a development kit that can only use the hardware in a certain way. I'm thinking if Nintendo intends for all of the games to be capable of real 3D, regardless of what the chip is able to do, they could restrict other developers from using the full potential of the chip for a game without a 3D effect. I was basically just asking what design decision you thought Nintendo made.

God is a cat girl
08-13-2010, 09:43 PM
It seems to me like some of the system technologies are never fully utilized except by Nintendo, which led me to believe they would provide a development kit that can only use the hardware in a certain way. I'm thinking if Nintendo intends for all of the games to be capable of real 3D, regardless of what the chip is able to do, they could restrict other developers from using the full potential of the chip for a game without a 3D effect. I was basically just asking what design decision you thought Nintendo made.

Actually I think that the problems with developers is not Nintendo restricting them, is them not wanting to put much effort on the games.
Bandai said that it was easy to make good games for the DS, but they decided to produce shovelware since it sells anyway.

But being the 3DS a system made for 3D, it's silly not to use it. Of course, there might be a few that won't really use 3D, but it will probably be mostly shovelware anyway.

Nintendo games are usually pretty simple, though a few have nice graphics, Nintendo still makes games that doesn't really use the system capabilities (Pokemon isn't made by Nintendo, but they still own Pokemon anyway, and Pokemon never used their systems capabilities. Maybe only the GB games).
Super Mario 64 in the DS ran rather smoothly and didn't looked that bad, at all.
I think that one of the developers that made a good use of the DS was Square. Sega did a fine job too with Phantasy Star. There are other good examples, but that would be dragging it too much.

But there is another factor, which is Nintendo making a 3D console, and of course they want developers to make games in 3D, but Nintendo also offers the choice to the player to use 3D or not.
And for a basic 3D effect it doesn't seem that hard to put 2 virtual cameras in the game.

In the end, I do prefer slightly lower graphics and the choice to play in 3D, than having slightly better graphics and no 3D at all. Of course, it's just because it's Nintendo who we are talking about.
If it was Sony or Microsoft, I couldn't care less. The generations change but they stay the same.

God is a cat girl
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh, okay, 3DS lineup keeps getting better and better. It looks really awesome now.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/29/nintendo-3ds-software-line-up-gameplay-clips/

And even Tales Of The Abyss port?

Taills
09-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Oh wow that's amazing.

JazzieAussie
09-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Ohoho. Professor Layton would be neat. And taking 3D photos. :cool2: This just might finally be my upgrade.

Boy_Tomo_Chan
09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
how expensive is it gonna be?

God is a cat girl
09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
how expensive is it gonna be?

No price for US or Europe yet, but from the price in Japan, it's probably going to be 300.
Not cheap, but new technology has it's price. But at least you aren't buying a TV plus 100~150$ for each pair of glasses.

Boy_Tomo_Chan
09-29-2010, 06:52 PM
thats the most expensive nintendo has ever had a console O_O

Tolby
09-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Wow. Can't wait.

What game was at 50 seconds in?

God is a cat girl
09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Wow. Can't wait.

What game was at 50 seconds in?

Samurai Warriors Chronicle.

Tolby
09-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Is there going to be a Dynasty Warriors Chronicles? I want Zhao Yun in my pocket too.

God is a cat girl
09-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Is there going to be a Dynasty Warriors Chronicles? I want Zhao Yun in my pocket too.

Well, they did listed a Dynasty Warriors game in the E3 3DS game development list.

Taills
09-30-2010, 06:27 PM
I would love Dynasty warriors on a DS.

God is a cat girl
10-01-2010, 08:23 AM
I would love Dynasty warriors on a DS.

DS one sorta of sucks?
Can only play with 3 characters? I hope that the 3DS gets a full Dynasty Warriors game.

Taills
10-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, yeah. XD I mean like, with characters in it. Only 3 in it kinda makes it not a DW game.

MicroRave
10-02-2010, 01:36 AM
thats the most expensive nintendo has ever had a console O_O

It won't be THAT much ::D:

The Wii wasn't even 300 when it was brand new, now it's just hovering around 200.

Shadownami92
10-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Yeah, when you think about it they could just have that price for Japan. I mean think about it. They get it first, and the DS was super popular in Japan. They probably figured that they could get away with selling it for that much at release. I could see them giving a smaller price over here and at the same time giving a price drop in Japan to make them equal. Keeps the western audience happy and they get extra money from their local market.

Galax
10-18-2010, 08:42 AM
One reason I will ever get this that I can see.

Megaman.
Legends.
Three.

HELLL YESSSSSSSSSSSSS :D

XxCythxX
10-18-2010, 09:37 PM
I cannot wait for this AMAZING new system! I honestly have no idea what Nintendo could possibly do with the DS next O.o

Cindii
11-05-2010, 09:24 PM
They also mentioned Augmented Reality coming to it! *w*
IT'S AWESOME!
Here's a link to a video:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/05/augmented-reality-games-to-serve-as-expanded-audience-titles-on-3ds/

God is a cat girl
11-05-2010, 09:36 PM
They also mentioned Augmented Reality coming to it! *w*
IT'S AWESOME!
Here's a link to a video:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/05/augmented-reality-games-to-serve-as-expanded-audience-titles-on-3ds/

Siliconera is repeating videos again? XDDD

Well, since AR was already in the DSi, it was expected for it to be in the 3DS.
Nowadays almost any device with a camera and the proper software, can have AR on it.

Cindii
11-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Siliconera is repeating videos again? XDDD

Well, since AR was already in the DSi, it was expected for it to be in the 3DS.
Nowadays almost any device with a camera and the proper software, can have AR on it.

....the DSi had AR? D:
I never knew.. I feel so out-dated. .__.;;

God is a cat girl
11-05-2010, 10:11 PM
....the DSi had AR? D:
I never knew.. I feel so out-dated. .__.;;

It has/will have at least 1 game with AR (I dunno if they already released it or not, but it seems that this game, Ghostwire, will also be in cell phones), but in the DSi the AR wasn't widely used. Same goes with the PSP.

It's like I told you. If it has a camera and the firmware/OS lets you put whatever software and access the camera, it's possible to have AR at some level.

Kaleb
05-26-2012, 10:32 PM
So...im getting a 3DS for my birthday. Can anyone tell me of any good games to buy?

EternalHero
05-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Tales Of The Abyss & Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time are of the best titles you could get for it.

Kaleb
05-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Whats tales of the abyss about?

EternalHero
05-26-2012, 10:56 PM
In Tales Of The Abyss, you'll enter the life of Luke fon Fabre, sole heir to a family of aristocrats. He was kidnapped seven years ago, and the shock left him with no memories of his life before. For his own protection since his return, he has been confined to a quiet, boring life within the family's residence, learning little of the world beyond the palace walls. Luke is suddenly thrust into the outside world, caught in the workings of the Order of Lorelei, keepers of the prophecy known as the Score. No longer in the shelter of the palace, Luke must get along in the confusing and often hostile world. He knows nothing about those who might be his friends, or those who already are his enemies.

Shadownami92
05-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Though you might enjoy Tales of the Abyss more on the PS2 since you can do multiplayer on that one.

And while Ocarina of Time is good, it's just a remake.

I find Kid Icarus to be a great game, Mario Kart 7 is fun and Mario Tennis Open just got released.

On top of that there is Mutant Mudds, Sakura Samurai, Might Switch Force and Pushmo for download titles.

If you like newer Resident Evil games they you will most likely enjoy Resident Evil: Revelations, it's a fun game and it's got multiplayer.

I personally also enjoyed getting Blazblue Continuum Shift 2, show you can get that on other systems, and doing so would make your 3DS buttons take less of a beating.

Boy_Tomo_Chan
05-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Kid Icarus is about the reason to own a 3DS now. Most other games are just ports

Kaleb
05-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Tales of Abyss sounds awesome. Ive always been a fan of Mario Kart and Zelda. And Mario Tennis sounds fun but I prefer tennis on the Wii. And ive never heard of kid icarus tomo.

Shadownami92
05-28-2012, 07:38 PM
That's a joke right? I dont know, since you have Pit from Kid Icarus at your avatar I suspected you would know of the game, especially since it got so much coverage

tKeUUurwVnM

It not only got multiplayer right, but the entire game is really fun. As a little note though, if you get it, I found the best control set up is using the thumb pad that came with the original DS.

http://i.imgur.com/g10Zc.gif

Kaleb
05-28-2012, 09:58 PM
I've actually never played a game with Pit in it. I just know him and used him a lot in Super Smash Brawl. :)

Kyrios
06-25-2013, 03:23 PM
I didn't want to make a new thread to ask a simple question but.. does anyone know how the club Nintendo thing works? I never registered any of my products..

Ponyprincess
06-25-2013, 03:27 PM
You register all codes from your games, consoles, ect and it gives you points after you feel out a questionare (for each item) you can then earn rewards with your points. I got a cute kirby game case from there! The item does take like a month to come though but you really can't complain as its free ;)

hArVeStMoOnLuVeR
06-25-2013, 04:44 PM
My item didn't take very long at all to get to me! Maybe like ... a week?
I got the pink animal crossing fan. ::D:

Continuing from what Pony said,
you can basically register any games, regardless of age, as long as they have the club code card in them..! Though registering them sooner is definitely better.
And if you make 300+ or 600+ coins at once you get like Gold or Platinum status ...
which I assume means you get extra things, but someone else should continue on explaining that since I don't know for sure.

EternalHero
06-25-2013, 05:17 PM
I didn't want to make a new thread to ask a simple question but.. does anyone know how the club Nintendo thing works? I never registered any of my products..

Wait to register until after the 30th of this month. Points reset in nintendo club on the june 30th every year.

Yuri
06-27-2013, 03:20 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-22-register-three-of-eight-nintendo-3ds-games-to-get-another-free

"Once any three of the above games have been registered to a Club Nintendo account, login at the Club Nintendo website and check the My Account page. At the top, you'll see a promotional banner – click this and then follow the on-screen instructions to claim your free code for a Download Version of your chosen game!
Please note, the promotional banner will only appear for people who are a) logged into their Club Nintendo account, b) are aged 16 or over and c) have at least three of the above titles registered to that account. You must claim your free download code by 11.59pm on 31st July, 2013. Claims for free download codes can only be made from 2pm on 23rd April 2013."

wah someone please please please get me the free Luigi's Mansion/FE code. ;_;

Edit: It's for European gamers only.

Yuri
06-28-2013, 04:49 AM
Okay so HELP ME GET THIS:

I just got the 3DS 2-3 weeks ago. I stacked up 300 or so coins on Nintendo Club. Are my coins going to go away on the 30th if I don't use them? I want to wait for other game options.

Ponyprincess
06-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Ive been on nintendoclub for 2-3 years, never lost points that im aware of

Found this
Question: How often do my Club Nintendo points expire? Answer: Unredeemed coins will expire every two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30) plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned.
http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/1012

EternalHero
06-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Ive been on nintendoclub for 2-3 years, never lost points that im aware of

Found this

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/1012

Oh cool I just check my coins and it said this

Coin Expiration: Please note that unredeemed Coins expire after 2 Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30).

You have 0 expiring Coins on June 30, 2013

Well at least I can keep saving up. I think I have 120 coins right now. And gonna register my animal crossing soon.